Seriously you can look like an awesome girlfriend (or a really together with it lady) with very little work....
Carrots (add parsnips too)
1) Prep chicken and remove giblets (you can use them to make gravy I typically thicken the juices)
2) Cut all root veggies to be about 1/2 inch thick- try to keep them even for good cooking
3) Place chicken upside down in 9"x13" roasting pan and drizzle olive oil and rub into skin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.* Flip chicken over and place in the middle of the pan. Repeat olive oil and seasoning
4) Scatter cut veggies around chicken and give a light drizzle of olive oil salt and pepper
5) Fill the pan with a 50/50 combo of chicken stock and white wine so the top of the veggies still stick out
6) Cut lemon in half and place inside the cavity of the chicken (keeps it moist and flavors the meat)
If you are good with your knife skills the total prep time should be around 10 minutes
7) Place in oven for 90 minutes at 350F
Get dressed, set the table and light some candles. Look like a rockstar when it comes out.
*If you want to get more creative you can try a cajun spice as well, rosemary or any other seasoning combo